Inspired, February

Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Happy Valentines Day! I'm not normally one to celebrate but as Stanley is at my MIL's for a few hours I treated myself to a coffee and almond croissant whilst looking at the sea and didn't have to share any of it - what a joy! 

So onto February, I personally find this time of the year so hard - dark days and waiting for spring really drag my motivation levels right down. After a busy few months I needed some time away from the computer and to not be making just for the sake of it. I think its important for anyone creative  to know when to stop and take a step back. Instead of being inside I've been spending any good weather day outside by the beach or in the garden. I'm finding it the best remedy for the 'Februaries' and if you can I recommend ignoring your to do list and getting outside for a blast of fresh air. 

This month I'm really inspired by the garden, its so full of life - bulbs are popping up everywhere and the seeds I have been 'wintering' are looking really strong. Using the hope of brighter days and signs of spring I put this moodboard together using fresh and pretty colours, it's made me feel so positive! 

On a slightly separate note if you're looking for some new craft supplies I really recommend a trip to The Works, I don't normally rate their craft supplies but their new range is fab. I came away with new metallic string (pictured) and a spool of flamingo ribbon (because who really has enough ribbon?!). 

Have a great rest of month and don't forget to get outside. xx

1 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to get outside more now that it's a bit brighter!


    - Natalie
    www.workovereasy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover